Eat. Atlanta. Play. Party. Augusta. Live. Home. Cook. Seoul. Chefs. Bangkok. Recipes.

Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Rainbow Drive-In in Honolulu, Hawai'i - Authentic Hawaiian BBQ

The interview season finally comes to an end with Hawai'i. One of the physicians that I interviewed with strongly recommended this local favorite as the best example of "authentic hawaiian cuisine".  I was able to pick up some food before my morning flight because thankfully the restaurant opened at 7AM.  I ordered the "mixed platter" (per the interviewer's suggestion) and was not disappointed!  I took the dish all the way to my gate and devoured it before boarding the flight.

PS: Apparently this restaurant was also featured in an episode of Diners Drive-ins and Drives with Guy Fieri!

Their website: http://rainbowdrivein.com/

A rare cloudy day in Oahu






 The mixed platter: BBQ pork, Mahi Mahi with tartar sauce, Boneless Chicken, mac and cheese and white rice.   The BBQ pork was my favorite (seen sandwiched in the middle) and the tartar sauce went very well with the Mahi Mahi.  This massive platter was only $7.95+tax!
My plate packaged very neatly. It survived the trip to the airport and pretty much looked the same when my opened the box again. 

No comments:

Post a Comment